How to do Hacking the Internet(WAN) Not LAN Using Metasploit – The Logic
Type : Tutorial
Level : Medium, Advanced
A few days ago there's someone put a message on my contact in this website, he asking about "is it possible to do hacking outside LAN(Local Area Network)?". When you see all of my articles, 80% of all hacking articles were written for Local Area Network, because I'm doing in my own lab, "so how about hacking outside Local Area Network?". Of course it has the same logic like when you attacking from Local Area Network .
3. Cloud Server(I haven't try this ) e.g : Amazon
4. Internet With Public IP
5. You can control router by yourself
Step-By-Step How to do Hacking the Internet(WAN) Not LAN Using Metasploit – The Logic:
1. Okay let's start from Virtual Private Server(VPS). This server can give you freedom to install any software you want on virtualization, because this hosting type give you flexibility to manage your server yourself (DIY)
2. Dedicated Server almost doing the same like VPS(Virtual Private Server), but usually you have your own machine and then you put your machine on data center(or the service provider rent you their machine). This hosting type also allow you as user to manage your system yourself. You can do anything to your server and install anything you want to your server.
3. Cloud server –> I haven't trying this…maybe someone can share
4. You have internet with public IP address… usually when you subscribe 1:1 internet bandwidth, they also give you 1 public IP.
5. Control router by ourselves to redirect incoming connection or outgoing connection.
Before we continue to next step, let's see the figure below(I will try to figure it out in simple way) :
- Attacker1 use local IP address –> 192.168.8.8
- Attacker1 have public IP address –> 188.8.131.52
- Attacker1 can control his router to redirect any incoming/outgoing traffic.
- Attacker2 use VPS/Dedicated/Cloud server to do an attack that connected directly to internet.
- Victim1 have local IP address –> 192.168.1.2
- Victim2 connected to internet via router+firewall, this firewall only allowing port 80 and 443 for outgoing connection
- Victim2 connected directly to internet with IP address –> 184.108.40.206