On my previous post I have already write tutorial about 10 steps to set up Armitage for penetration testing on Backtrack 4r2. Now I will try to write about how to set up Armitage in Backtrack 5 without command line. And 1 thing for sure that here in Backtrack 5 setting up Armitage is more simple and easier than before .
1. Backtrack 5 (You can download Backtrack 5 Here)
2. MySQL / PostgreSQL
All this requirement already included in Backtrack 5, if you want the latest update, just run apt-get update.
1. Login to your Backtrack 5 box and then run your X. (read here how to run X)
2. Click Applications –> Backtrack –> Exploitation Tools –> Network Exploitation Tools –> Metasploit Framework –> Armitage (See picture below) to run your Armitage.
3. On Armitage Set Connection window, what you need is only click “CONNECT” button like the picture below(I use MySQL database) :
In Backtrack 5 you do not need to start your MySQL service, because Armitage already bundled the application and this application will run the MySQL service for you.
4. Here is your Armitage Window
5. For the next step about how to scan and gain an attack using this tools, you can see my previous tutorial 10 Steps to Set Up Armitage in Backtrack for Penetration Test.
Hope this tutorial useful .