This tips and trick about Reveal Asterisk Saved Passwords on Mozilla Firefox and Chrome is continuing our last tips and trick about How to Reveal Asterisks Password on Log In Page where on our previous tips and trick maybe not too clear and its only limited with a few browsers.
We will learn how to reveal the asterisk on Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome without seeing the saved password from the browser options menu. Thanks to JOK3R for the comment on last tips and trick that giving an input for other method to reveal the asterisk on log in page by utilizing firebug and inspecting the HTML element.
If you still never heared about Firebug, here is the description from wikipedia:
1. Mozilla firefox with firebug addons.
2. Google chrome.
1. Open our Mozilla Firefox browser,
press ALT –> click Tools –> Click Add-ons
2. On Add-ons page, there is a search box, type firebug on the textbox and click search, or you can go directly to this page https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/.
Click install if there is a pop out window asking you to install this add ons.
and restart your browser.
3. This is the firebug button. to activate firebug you only need to click this button and click once again to deactivate.
4. Now we try to open a website with log in page, e.g: mail.live.com and input the password. Right click on the password box and choose Inspect Element.
5. Double click the type="password" and change it into type="text".
6. The asterisk password will be shown and revealed 🙂
7. How if it is on Google Chrome browser? The steps is the same.
Open the log in page, right click the password box and choose inspect element
8. Change the input type="password" to type="text".
The password is revealed.
Here is the video tutorial if you don't get the step by step above.
1. The same conclusion with last tutorial http://www.hacking-tutorial.com/tips-and-trick/how-to-reveal-asterisks-password-on-log-in-page/
Hope you found it useful 🙂