Type : Tutorial
Level : Easy
Operating System : Backtrack 5 R1
Last week I've received a message from my "Request Tutorial" page about how to share files in Backtrack Linux. I think this guy have the same problem with me(long time ago) when I want to send the malicious file from my Backtrack machine for testing purposes to my Windows victim machine .
Actually there's many ways to doing this, but I only will explain the very…very..absolutely simple method that I've already used and it was nice and I think it was efficient and fast also easy to set up.
So, without waiting, let's start the preparation.
1. Linux O.S (I'm using Backtrack 5 R1)
1. Open your terminal (CTRL+ALT+T) and then run this command to create a new directory "share".
2. Change mode for the share folder into 755.
chmod -R 755 /var/www/share/
3. Change the ownership of that folder into www-data.
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/share/
4. The three steps above have screenshot like this in my computer
5. Okay, everything we've set up correctly until this step. The next step is activate the apache server by running the service apache2 start command :
root@bt:~# service apache2 start * Starting web server apache2
fyi : if you didn't have apache2 installed, run apt-get install apache2 command then
6. Yep our web server already running, let's try to copy some file into share folder. Usually when you're generating some exploit by using metasploit, the exploit will be saved on /root/.msf4/data/exploits/ folder. We will copy all the content into share folder.
cp /root/.msf4/data/exploits/* /var/www/share/ --> * was a wildcard that mean I want to select all the folder contents
7. Check your Backtrack 5R1 IP address by running ifconfig command and then open in your windows web browser. for example my Backtrack 5 R1 IP address was 192.168.8.92
8. There it is the file you want to transfer from your Backtrack to your Windows machine. Just download and save it.
When you finished transfer your file, don't forget to stop the apache2 service by running
service apache2 stop
Share if you found it useful