How To Change Screen Resolution in Backtrack 5 (Updated!!)
Finally I finished downloading this O.S but I have a problem How To Change Screen Resolution in Backtrack 5. The step below is how to solve the prob
The first thing I check for the new Linux O.S run virtually is the Screen Resolution. The most common thing you do when you want to change screen resolution is go to /etc/X11/xorg.conf. But in this Backtrack 5 you will find nothing.
So…how to change the Backtrack 5 screen resolution?
Step by Step How To Change Screen Resolution in Backtrack 5:
1. Open your terminal (CTRL + ALT + T)
2. Choose your favorite text editor (I prefer to use pico) and then open /usr/share/xresprobe/xorg.conf
3. in the picture above, there’s line says Modes "1024×768" , just change the 1024×768 to your desired screen resolution.
You should remember that if you change the value, you should change all of the entire Mode value to your desired screen resolution.
When you finish, press CTRL+O (to save) and then CTRL+X （to exit pico）.
4. The next step is you need to log out by clicking the human logo at top right of your screen
5. To get into your X just type startx from your shell.
6. Your screen now should be change to the new resolution.
Hope this helps you
UPDATES (Works 100%):
1. On VirtualBox, click VirtualBox Guest Additions.
2. Run /media/VBOXADDITIONS_BLAH_BLAH_XX/VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
3. Do the from step 2 above tutorials(change your /usr/share/xresprobe/xorg.conf)
4. Reboot your Machine
Hope you enjoyed it