Type : Tips and Trick
Level : Very Easy
Sometimes it was really needful to use a proxy for our internet connection. Some people use proxy for anonymity, the other people use proxy to make download faster, etc.
In this tips and trick actually some of you maybe already know about how to change the proxy address and port in your internet browser, but that's okay it's just for refresh if you forget it 🙂
fyi : this tips and trick example was on Firefox, but you also can follow the step by step on other browsers, because it's almost the same.
1. Check your original IP address here (whatismyipaddress.com).
2. Open your Firefox browser and then press ALT(a menu bar will show up).
3. Click Tools –> Options
4. The next step : Choose Advanced –> Network tab –> Connection (click Settings..)
5. A new window will open. Choose "Manual proxy configuration" and then fill in the proxy address also with the port number. If you didn't know your SSL, FTP, and SOCKS host, just checked the "use this proxy server for all protocols", and Click OK when finished.
6. Now open again whatismyipaddress.com and check your IP is it changed or not?
If it was changed like above picture, then your proxy was working great, if not, maybe you can try to change another proxy address in my previous tutorial about proxy server list or another one when using proxy client software here.
Hope it's useful 🙂