I'm successfully installed Kali Linux on my virtual box, but when I tried to press CTRL+ALT+T (terminal shortcut on backtrack) it's not worked, instead I must click the terminal logo on the top of my Kali linux window.
So actually how to make a keyboard shortcuts on kali linux?
If the case is you only want to run a terminal, you can try to press ALT + F2 and type:
Now how if we want to make a Kali Linux keyboard shortcut?
1. Kali Linux (http://kali.org)
1. First go to
Applications –> System tools –> Preferences –> System Settings
2. On the System settings, find hardware group and choose keyboard
3. Choose and click shortcuts tab, and press the plus + sign at the bottom to add a new shortcut.
4. Put the name(use the name that easy to recognize) and the command (in this case it is a terminal)
5. Click the disabled area until it change the words to New accelerator.
6. Now you can choose which shortcut you want for your Kali Linux. In this example we use CTRL + ALT + T to call the terminal.
We can directly try our new kali linux keyboard settings.
Hope you found it useful 🙂