Type : Tips and Trick
Level : Easy
O.S : tested using Windows XP SP3
Have you ever imagine when you open your computer and you didn't find your drives? It should be a little weird, but maybe someone was playing with you when you're not on your computer 😛 .
In this tips and trick we will learn “How to Hide Hard Drive on your Computer”?. Usually this tips and trick used for more entertainment like make a prank with your friends or colleagues, but more than that it also quite useful for security purposes.
Here is the first state of my computer before the drive C hidden :
1. Open Run (how to open Run) and type regedit, and then click OK or press ENTER.
2. After registry window opened, now go to :
3. Now right click in right side pane and create DWORD Value.
4. Name the new registry value as "NoDrives".
5. Double click on "NoDrives" to enter a Decimal value. This value depends on the drives you wish to hide, and is created by adding the numbers for each drive you wish to hide from the list below. Click OK once you have entered this number.
6. For example, to hide drive C you would enter a decimal value of 4. To hide both drives C and D, you would enter a decimal value of 12 (4 + 8).
7. After changes, you need to restart your computer to make it work.. Here is the result:
To unhide, just delete the NoDrives in your registry and restart your computer.
Hope it's useful 🙂