This tips and trick come from previous tutorial about hacking Facebook series such as Facebook phishing, Facebook man in the middle attack(MITM), Facebook fake page, etc. Here is some tutorial how to hack Facebook:
But for today tips and trick is about configuring the MySQL database to accept connection come from network, because by default the new XAMPP will reject connection from outsiders.
1. In this tips and trick we will use PHPMyadmin tool to manage the permissions.
2. Open the PHPMyadmin in your browser. (usually http://localhost/phpmyadmin)
by default the username is root and password leave empty.
3. Inside the administration menu, click Users tab.
4. By default the users are root, pma, and phplicense. In this tips and trick I will use user root and change the privileges.
5. Scroll down until you find the change login information / copy user. You need to change the host value to any host, because by default this host was set to localhost.
6. When finish editing, just click the Go button and your database ready to access from the network.
Hope you found it useful. 🙂
The default XAMPP MySQL database configuration prevent access from the network because of security matter, because XAMPP bundle was used for development not for production.