Some users asking us about How to Monitor Internet Bandwidth Usage in Our PC. Actually the bandwidth monitoring itself is a wide area, because to measure how much bandwidth you've already spent is tricky because many application is try to connect to the internet and sending some data. This tips and trick will talk about the estimated bandwidth we've already spent.
In Indonesia, you can choose the internet package start from 50MB, 500MB, 5GB and unlimited. If we choose the unlimited package it doesn't matter, but if we choose the limited package, sometimes when the quota is exceed the price we need to pay for the overquota is quite expensive. This tips and trick is quite useful for you who have a limited internet connection and want to know how much you spent the bandwidth every day/month.
We will use a free tool called Networx. According to its website Networx is
a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
2. Windows OS (32 / 64 bit)
1. This tool is a free application, you can download the installer version or even the portable version. In the next following steps we will use the portable version.
2. We can start by double clicking the networx installer/exe file.
you can choose the language for the application.
3. The next step is choose the network connection. The options will vary depend how many network interfaces you have in your PC.
for better results, we must choose one interface that connected to the internet. We can change this option later.
4. The configuration/installation was finished.
5. The application will minimize itself to the tray bar. Right click the networx icon to view its options.
6. After some time and the application already captured how much uplink and downlink amount of our computer, we will try to open the usage report.
we can see from the picture above the daily report, monthly report, etc.
7. The interesting feature that this small tool have is reminding us when the quota is almost reached and we can see how much is the remaining quota. To access this feature, click the Quota options.
And click Setup to set the required options.
I just choose the downlink amount that I spent for 1 month (you also can choose all traffic) because I want to know how much bandwidth I spent for downloading a webpage, image, movie, youtube, etc. If the quota is almost reached, the application will show a pop up alert telling that the bandwidth almost exceed.
1. This tool is handy to know our bandwidth we usually use for download and upload.
2. You can check others handy options in this tools.
Hope you found it useful 🙂