Type : Tips and Trick (How to Set up Armitage on Backtrack 5R2)
Level : Very Easy
Actually this How to Set up tutorial was wrote for Backtrack 5 R2 users who still didn't know how to start Armitage on their Backtrack machine.
if you have an older version of backtrack, you also can view the tutorial here :
2. Armitage(already included on your BT5R2 package)
1. According to Armitage website :
Armitage comes with BackTrack Linux 5r2. The latest Armitage release requires BackTrack 5r2. 5r0 and 5r1 are out! If you uinstall Metasploit (hint: /path/to/metasploit/uninstall) and reinstall with the Metasploit installer, then you may use any version of BackTrack that you want.
So if you update and upgrade your Armitage from your previous version of Backtrack, you need to reinstall your Metasploit to the latest version 4.3 and uninstall your previous Metasploit version.
2. Open up your terminal by pressing CTRL + ALT + T
3. Type msfupdate command, we do an update first to make sure we got the latest package both Metasploit or Armitage.
4. When update process finished, type armitage on your terminal and it will show up a pop up dialog window to connect to your Armitage.
5. Just click connect button there and Armitage will start initialization of the program.
6. And then on last the last step, your Armitage window will show up.
Hope it's useful 🙂