There's a funny story behind this tips and trick How to Reveal Asterisks Password on Log In Page. Today tips and trick content will be lighter than the others 🙂
It was back when I'm in university, I go to one of my friend apartment (she's a girl) to make a homework together with some other friends. That time I didn't bring my laptop so I just think I will use her desktop computer to do the homework.
I start using her computer and open a browser (she only have firefox and IE) to surfing Google. I don't have the print screen on that time, but if you want to imagine, this what the browser looks like:
but it's not as extreme as this 😛
From the screenshot above, we know that she's don't like to clean up the browser and she's installing a lot of program on her computer that automatically add taskbar to her browser. And probably she's surfing the internet without aware about the security aspect.
The following tips and trick I've tried on latest Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Sogou (chinese), 360 (chinese) and this tips and trick work on Opera and Sougou.
1. Internet browser.
1. As I've already tell above about the browser condition of my friend, I start to think maybe while she's surfing a website she also save the passwords while the browser pop up alerting whether she want to save our password or not. And when I type Gmail and Yahoo web address on her browser, I got this preview:
She save all her e-mail username and password… 🙂
When see that, I start to make a small games with my friend (Including her) about "How to Reveal Asterisks Password on Log In Page" without view the passwords directly on the show password options menu.
2. Finally I gave the answers to them. Firstly we view the source code of the page where the asterisks appears and find out the ID of the element where asterisks appears. I give example on Yahoo log in page using Opera dragonfly. (right click the asterisks and click inspect element)
the ID value is passwd.
3. After get the ID, we back again to the browser. On the browser address bar, type:
the script above tells the browser to alerting the value of the textbox where asterisks was appeared.
4. Here is the result when the script was executed.
2. Do not save your password on your browser, but save it in your mind. That's the safest place 😛
Hope you found it useful 🙂